By Mark Kawalya
The Anker Soundcore Mini is a portable Bluetooth speaker with impressive sound quality and a number of features at a fairly attractive price point. The speaker is one of the products from Anker Innovations Co.Ltd. a renowned Chinese tech player that came onto the scene in 2011.
The Anker Soundcore Mini is known for its great sound quality, in a size that allows you to hold the speaker comfortably in the palm of your hand. It has a volume adjuster on the side that also allows you to move to the next or previous song. A play button sits in the middle of the volume enabling you to pause or play media. The speaker feels very premium in the hand and is very well made.
The device has a 5W driver and a passive subwoofer that produce surprisingly outstanding sound, especially in the bottom range. The speaker can produces powerful and pleasing music, making it an appealing option users . On the local market, the speaker costs Sh250,000, which is comparable to the prices of other reputable brands such as the JBL Go 3.
Connectivity: Bluetooth, aux-in and SD card
Speaker: 5W audio driver
Battery life:15 hours of use
Range: 66ft transmission
Extras: FM radio, in-built microphone
Size: 6.9cm x 6.9 x 6.9
- Great sound quality, especially in the bass department
- Compact and portable design, ideal for travel and outdoor use;
- Long battery life for extended playback;
- Additional features include microSD support, an auxiliary connection, and an FM radio.
- Affordable price point, providing excellent value for money.
- The speaker is not waterproof, which may limit its use in particular settings or weather situations.
- Some users have complained that Bluetooth connectivity drops in some situations.